Home, Hearth, and Family | Potato Leek Soup
- 1 lb potatoes peeled , 3/4” cubes
- 3 large leeks, white parts only , well rinsed and sliced
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 1.48 oz chicken or vegetable stock (low salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in 4 qt soup pan until simmering.
- Add in crushed red pepper and stir for 1 to 2 minutes
- Add onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add leeks and sauté for another 5 minutes, stirring and being careful to avoid burning.
- Add in potatoes and stir until well coated.
- Add in chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Blend until smooth in a Cuisinart.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and sea salt.