Home, Hearth, and Family | Biscotti
Cousin Denise baked biscotti with her son Louis using a published recipe but when I made them, my go-to was a variation made from a local book from the PTA. All biscotti are twice baked and there are several
- 8 TBSP BUTTER
- 1 TSP BAKING SODA
- ½ C FRESH OJ
- 1 C SUGAR
- 1 TSP CINNAMON
- 1 C WALNUTS OR HAZELNUTS
- 2 C UNBLEACHED,
- ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
½ TSP SALT
- Preheat oven to 350 F and lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Sift Dry ingredients together 3 times and set aside.
- Cream the butter in a bowl with an electric mixer, adding the sugar gradually, beating well, then add the egg and continue to blend thoroughly.
- Gradually add the sifted ingredients and OJ, and then fold in nuts.
- Spread dough on the cookie sheet, forming a 9.5” x 5” loaf, then bake for 30 minutes (or until the dough is firm).
- Lower oven temp to 300 F
- Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing into 1” crosswise slices and place them back on the cookie sheet on their sides. Toast for 5 minutes on each side, then cool on a cookie rack.