- 1⁄2 lb. potatoes
- 1/8 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small clove of garlic, thinly sliced 1⁄2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp. curry powder
- 2 cloves
- 3 thin slices from one serrano pepper Salt to taste
- 5 Tbsp. olive oil
- Boil potatoes with skin on until a toothpick easily pierces the potatoes (do not over boil).
- Let the boiled potatoes cool for a few minutes; peel off the skin and cut each potato into four pieces. Set aside in a bowl.
- Mix all ingredients, except salt and olive oil, in a separate bowl, and transfer the mixture into the bowl containing the potatoes. Mix everything gently so that the potatoes don’t break.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan (do not overheat). Transfer the potato mixture to the pan and carefully fold the mixture to avoid breaking the potatoes.
- Add salt to taste.
- When the potatoes start forming a golden color/crust, remove from the stove.